BJP demands resignation of Union Minister Pala
Shillong: The BJP in Meghalaya on Tuesday
demanded the resignation of Union Minister Vincent Pala
alleging his role in last year`s controversial jailbreak case.
BJP leaders met Governor R S Mooshahary and dashed off
a memorandum to President Pratibha Patil demanding the ouster
of the minister of state for water resources from the Union
State BJP president H S Syiemlieh claimed that three
undertrials had confessed before the inquiry commission headed
by Justice (retired) T Biswas, which is likely to establish
the nexus between criminals, police and politicians, including
The state government had ordered a judicial probe into
the controversial jailbreak incident of May 31 that saw the
escape of seven dreaded criminals, one of whom was shot dead
and others captured later.
Sceptical over the mysterious killing of the jailbreak
mastermind a day after the incident, the BJP said, "the Union
Minister had voluntarily offered to depose before the inquiry
commission. Before doing so, he has to resign on moral
Pala, who represents Shillong Lok Sabha constituency,
should be dropped from the ministry till he is cleared of the
allegations, the BJP said in the memorandum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened