BJP fares poorly in Arunachal municipal and civic polls
Itanagar: The BJP on Wednesday could win could only manage three of 30 seats in the Itanagar Municipality and just two out of 12 in Pasighat civic poll in Arunchal Pradesh.
BJP state president Tai Tagak in a statement alleged that the party faced a humiliating defeat because of money and power.
The party cried foul that the deputy commissioner was moved out during the peak hour of election, besides deputation of government officials from other districts on election duty and involvement of government officials in campaigning in the Itanagar municipal elections.
The party also alleged possibility of manipulations tampering EVMs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'