BJP fares poorly in Arunachal municipal and civic polls
Itanagar: The BJP on Wednesday could win could only manage three of 30 seats in the Itanagar Municipality and just two out of 12 in Pasighat civic poll in Arunchal Pradesh.
BJP state president Tai Tagak in a statement alleged that the party faced a humiliating defeat because of money and power.
The party cried foul that the deputy commissioner was moved out during the peak hour of election, besides deputation of government officials from other districts on election duty and involvement of government officials in campaigning in the Itanagar municipal elections.
The party also alleged possibility of manipulations tampering EVMs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’