BJP fares poorly in Arunachal municipal and civic polls
Itanagar: The BJP on Wednesday could win could only manage three of 30 seats in the Itanagar Municipality and just two out of 12 in Pasighat civic poll in Arunchal Pradesh.
BJP state president Tai Tagak in a statement alleged that the party faced a humiliating defeat because of money and power.
The party cried foul that the deputy commissioner was moved out during the peak hour of election, besides deputation of government officials from other districts on election duty and involvement of government officials in campaigning in the Itanagar municipal elections.
The party also alleged possibility of manipulations tampering EVMs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB