BJP leader demands Prez rule in Arunachal
Itanagar: A day after seven MLAs from the
Trinamool Congress, NCP and People`s Party of Arunachal
expressed concern over `serious political differences within
the Congress`, a senior BJP leader on Thursday demanded President`s
Rule in Arunachal Pradesh `in view of the instability within
"The dissidence among the Congress legislators for a
change in leadership has brought all development activities to
a standstill in the past three months, BJP National General
Secretary Tapir Gao told a press conference here.
Gao demanded the Governor exercise his constitutional
power for invoking Article 365 keeping in view "the
instability of the present government with prevailing
lawlessness in various districts."
"We are going to raise the issue in the coming
assembly session from tomorrow as well as in BJP`s two-day
national executive meeting slated from September 30 next," he
The BJP leader claimed that more than three cabinet
minister including the deputy speaker, 14 parliamentary
secretaries and chairman were camping in the national capital
since past three months to pursue with the central leadership
over change of guard in this sensitive border state.
"We are not concerned on change of chief minister as
it is the internal matter of the Congress," he said.
Gao, who blamed the AICC for the present impasse in
the state, alleged that the Congress leaders were least
concerned for the people of Arunachal and lacked will power to
resolve the crisis.
"The Congress party has become an agent for extortion
of development fund in the name of political drama," he
In a letter to the Governor yesterday, seven
legislators from the All India Trinamool Congress, NCP and
People’s Party of Arunachal said, "due to serious political
differences and unrest within the Congress party, the
development agenda and governance have taken a back seat."
"We are extremely concerned at this development .....
The current political situation in the state has witnessed a
drastic change from when Dorjee Khandu was the chief minister
which does not augur well for the state and its people," the
letter, a copy of which was made available to the press, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you