BJP members allegedly attacked by CPI(M) in Tripura
Agartala: Tripura state unit president of BJP Sudhindra Dasgupta, state party secretary Tapas Bhattacharya and two other party members have been allegedly attacked by ruling CPI(M) activists at a place in Sipahijala district.
Sipahijala SP Smriti Ranjan Das said that on the basis of Dasgupta`s complaint, assistant sub-inspector Swapan Kar who was in-charge of the police escort, was suspended and investigation was in progress.
Dasgupta Wednesday alleged that CPI-M activists attacked him and three of his party colleagues and damaged their vehicle at Dakshin Maheshpur, about 43 km from here, last night.
Dasgupta told reporters here that the incident took place when they had boarded a vehicle after visiting the house of a BJP activist at Dakshin Maheshpur who was earlier attacked by CPI-M cadre after announcements of the panchayat elections results on July 17.
"We had just boarded our vehicle after the visit when a group of CPI-M activists with lethal weapons like sharp and long knives and lathi attacked us. They broke our vehicle, opened the doors and tried to drag us out. The driver managed to drive the vehicle speedily and reach Jatrapur police station of the area," Dasgupta said.
He alleged that the police escorts provided from the Jatrapur police station did not come to their rescue when they were attacked.
A party delegation would submit a deputation to the officiating DGP, K Nagraj, today demanding punishment for the CPI-M party activists and also organise processions throughout the state today to condemn the attack, Bhattacharya said.
Denying the incident, CPI(M) state unit secretary and Central Committee member Bijon Dhar said the BJP leaders while speedily driving during a victory procession in the area yesterday had dashed against two CPI(M) supporters and trampled on the leg of another party supporter who had to be administered first-aid in a local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail