BJP moves DGP on law and order in Assam
Guwahati: Alleging law and order situation
has gone for a toss in Assam, the state unit of BJP on Thursday
moved the Director General of Police for urgent measures like
revamping the force.
In a memorandum to the DGP Shankar Baruah, the party
alleged incidents of theft and car lifting was on the
rise and apropriate steps be taken to revamp the entire police
force whch is instrumental for maintaining law and order.
"Timely investigation and filing of chargesheet in
criminal cases is getting a poor response from the police
which should not be the case", the memorandum observed.
"The BJP is also concerned about the rise in road
accidents due to faulty traffic signals by the city police",
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!
- Centre must explain Scorpene submarines leak, says Congress
- 10 hot features of Google Android Nougat Operating System
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here