BJP moves DGP on law and order in Assam
Guwahati: Alleging law and order situation
has gone for a toss in Assam, the state unit of BJP on Thursday
moved the Director General of Police for urgent measures like
revamping the force.
In a memorandum to the DGP Shankar Baruah, the party
alleged incidents of theft and car lifting was on the
rise and apropriate steps be taken to revamp the entire police
force whch is instrumental for maintaining law and order.
"Timely investigation and filing of chargesheet in
criminal cases is getting a poor response from the police
which should not be the case", the memorandum observed.
"The BJP is also concerned about the rise in road
accidents due to faulty traffic signals by the city police",
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Stem cells injection could ward off glaucoma
- Japan police search home of suspect in stabbing spree
- 5 affordable hatchbacks with first-in-class features –Check out
- Twitter's Android app makes night-time tweeting easy
- Chinese troops camp in Uttarakhand's Chamoli, PLA helicopter violates Indian airspace