BJP moves DGP on law and order in Assam
Guwahati: Alleging law and order situation
has gone for a toss in Assam, the state unit of BJP on Thursday
moved the Director General of Police for urgent measures like
revamping the force.
In a memorandum to the DGP Shankar Baruah, the party
alleged incidents of theft and car lifting was on the
rise and apropriate steps be taken to revamp the entire police
force whch is instrumental for maintaining law and order.
"Timely investigation and filing of chargesheet in
criminal cases is getting a poor response from the police
which should not be the case", the memorandum observed.
"The BJP is also concerned about the rise in road
accidents due to faulty traffic signals by the city police",
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM