BJP protests against CPI-M attack on its state unit president, 3 others
Agartala: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) activists staged a protest rally in Tripura capital Agartala against the attack on its state unit president Sudhindra Dasgupta, state party secretary Tapas Bhattacharya and two other party members allegedly by ruling CPI(M) activists in Sipahijala District.
Dasgupta had on Wednesday alleged that CPI-M activists attacked him and three of his party colleagues to murder them and damaged their vehicle at Dakshin Maheshpur, about 43 km from here.
The incident took place when the BJP leaders had boarded a vehicle after visiting the house of a BJP activist at Dakshin Maheshpur who was earlier attacked by CPI-M cadre after announcements of the results for Panchayat Elections on July 17.
Dasgupta viewed that since BJP is gradually taking the shape of main opposition against the CPI-M led Left Front n Tripura so is being targeted.
The BJP leader alleged that the role of police was not satisfactory and surprisingly a section of police instead of protecting him and his colleagues allowed the CPI-M cadres to attack them.
Meantime, a police sub-inspector Swapan Kar, who led a police team to provide security to the BJP leaders, has been suspended for negligence of duty.
The BJP workers led by senior party leaders held a demonstration and the effigy of Chief Minister Manik Sarkar also the Home Minister and shouted slogans demanding his resignation.
The demonstration was called off late Tuesday night after senior police officials assured the BJP leaders appropriate action would be taken against the attackers.
The BJP workers also held protest rallies in all eight districts of the state.
However, the CPI-M said the allegation against its party workers were false and totally baseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US