BJP slams Arunachal, Assam govts, Centre for Jan 29 killings
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh BJP on Monday expressed concern over the lackadaisical attitude of the state government as well as the Assam government and Centre over the inter-state boundary dispute between two neighbouring states.
Stating that the boundary dispute between Assam and Arunachal Pradesh should not be taken lightly, the party demanded a detailed report on the status of the investigation on the January 29 incident where 11 CPI(ML) activists were killed at Chaoldhowa in Assam`s Sonitpur district and subsequent recovery of four decomposed bodies from the area on February 22 last.
"Adequate measures are the call of the hour which the people of both the states needs now. The government should not overlook the arising situation and should act immediately," party spokesman Techi Necha here said in a statement.
"We are sad to know that several organisations have re-imposed road blockade at Behali and Bargang areas in Assam since yesterday to protest the inaction of the governments of both the states to arrest the culprits involved in the January 29 incident," he said.
The Congress governments of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh remained a mute spectator, in-spite of killing, torturing and harassment meted to the innocent people along the inter-state boundary, he said.
He added that both the state governments should act instead of merely giving lip services which ignited the emotion and sentiment of the people over the decades-old boundary dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4