BJP slams Arunachal, Assam govts, Centre for Jan 29 killings
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh BJP on Monday expressed concern over the lackadaisical attitude of the state government as well as the Assam government and Centre over the inter-state boundary dispute between two neighbouring states.
Stating that the boundary dispute between Assam and Arunachal Pradesh should not be taken lightly, the party demanded a detailed report on the status of the investigation on the January 29 incident where 11 CPI(ML) activists were killed at Chaoldhowa in Assam`s Sonitpur district and subsequent recovery of four decomposed bodies from the area on February 22 last.
"Adequate measures are the call of the hour which the people of both the states needs now. The government should not overlook the arising situation and should act immediately," party spokesman Techi Necha here said in a statement.
"We are sad to know that several organisations have re-imposed road blockade at Behali and Bargang areas in Assam since yesterday to protest the inaction of the governments of both the states to arrest the culprits involved in the January 29 incident," he said.
The Congress governments of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh remained a mute spectator, in-spite of killing, torturing and harassment meted to the innocent people along the inter-state boundary, he said.
He added that both the state governments should act instead of merely giving lip services which ignited the emotion and sentiment of the people over the decades-old boundary dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown