BJP slams Arunachal, Assam govts, Centre for Jan 29 killings
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh BJP on Monday expressed concern over the lackadaisical attitude of the state government as well as the Assam government and Centre over the inter-state boundary dispute between two neighbouring states.
Stating that the boundary dispute between Assam and Arunachal Pradesh should not be taken lightly, the party demanded a detailed report on the status of the investigation on the January 29 incident where 11 CPI(ML) activists were killed at Chaoldhowa in Assam`s Sonitpur district and subsequent recovery of four decomposed bodies from the area on February 22 last.
"Adequate measures are the call of the hour which the people of both the states needs now. The government should not overlook the arising situation and should act immediately," party spokesman Techi Necha here said in a statement.
"We are sad to know that several organisations have re-imposed road blockade at Behali and Bargang areas in Assam since yesterday to protest the inaction of the governments of both the states to arrest the culprits involved in the January 29 incident," he said.
The Congress governments of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh remained a mute spectator, in-spite of killing, torturing and harassment meted to the innocent people along the inter-state boundary, he said.
He added that both the state governments should act instead of merely giving lip services which ignited the emotion and sentiment of the people over the decades-old boundary dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says