BJP to come to power in Assam: Varun
Silchar: Senior BJP leader Varun Gandhi on Thursday exuded confidence that his party will come to power in the ensuing assembly election in Assam.
"People are eagerly awaiting for a change after the 10-years of misrule of the ruling Congress and I hope that our party will come to power" Gandhi told three public rallies at Sonai, Dholai and Katigorah on his first day of his two-day visit to South Assam`s Barak valley here.
"Assam is contributing to the exchequer of the Centre but getting nothing in return and now is the time that the people of the state will get their due share," Gandhi said.
"If the BJP comes to power we will establish a system in each block in which each person will get medical benefit free of cost," the BJP leader said.
"The BJP government will introduce a scheme where the unemployed will get loan without interest and the main slogan of the party will be "Vikash, Imandari and Garibo ka Seva", he said.
He criticised the "so called politicians" who could do nothing for the poor and stressed that the main motto of politics should be to serve the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read