BJP to contest 11 seats in Mizoram
Aizawl: BJP would contest 11 seats in the coming elections to the 40-member Mizoram legislature to be held on November 25, BJP sources said on Friday.
Though official announcement was yet to be made, BJP would contest Hachhek, Dampa and Mamit constituencies in Mizoram-Tripura border Mamit district, Serlui seat in Assam border Kolasib district, Aizawl North-I, Aizawl North-III and Aizawl West-I constituencies in Aizawl district, Lengteng, East Tuipui and Champhai North seats in Myanmar border Champhai district and South Tuipui seat in south Mizoram`s Lunglei district.
BJP state unit president Lalhluna and general secretary Lalchhanhima were not likely to contest the polls.
The sources added that there might be two independent candidates to be supported by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read