BJP to contest 11 seats in Mizoram
Aizawl: BJP would contest 11 seats in the coming elections to the 40-member Mizoram legislature to be held on November 25, BJP sources said on Friday.
Though official announcement was yet to be made, BJP would contest Hachhek, Dampa and Mamit constituencies in Mizoram-Tripura border Mamit district, Serlui seat in Assam border Kolasib district, Aizawl North-I, Aizawl North-III and Aizawl West-I constituencies in Aizawl district, Lengteng, East Tuipui and Champhai North seats in Myanmar border Champhai district and South Tuipui seat in south Mizoram`s Lunglei district.
BJP state unit president Lalhluna and general secretary Lalchhanhima were not likely to contest the polls.
The sources added that there might be two independent candidates to be supported by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA