BJP to contest 11 seats in Mizoram
Aizawl: BJP would contest 11 seats in the coming elections to the 40-member Mizoram legislature to be held on November 25, BJP sources said on Friday.
Though official announcement was yet to be made, BJP would contest Hachhek, Dampa and Mamit constituencies in Mizoram-Tripura border Mamit district, Serlui seat in Assam border Kolasib district, Aizawl North-I, Aizawl North-III and Aizawl West-I constituencies in Aizawl district, Lengteng, East Tuipui and Champhai North seats in Myanmar border Champhai district and South Tuipui seat in south Mizoram`s Lunglei district.
BJP state unit president Lalhluna and general secretary Lalchhanhima were not likely to contest the polls.
The sources added that there might be two independent candidates to be supported by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?