BJP to field two professors for LS polls in Manipur
Imphal: Gangmumei Kamei and R K Ranjan, former professors of Manipur University, will be the BJP candidates in the coming Lok Sabha elections in the state, party sources said Thursday.
While Ranjan will contest from inner Manipur constituency (Valley districts), Kamei will be the candidate in the outer Manipur constituency (Hill districts).
Polls in outer Manipur would be held on April 9 and inner Manipur on April 17.
Sources in CPI said senior party leader and former veterinary minister M Nara would be the party candidate in inner Manipur parliamentary constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut launches short film 'Kriti', clicks selfie with Farah Khan—Watch now!
- SBI PO Admit Card 2016, SBI PO 2016 Prelims, SBI PO 2016 Prelims hall tickets: Download at sbi.co.in
- Myanmar’s Suu Kyi to visit troubled diaspora in Thailand
- Ten things parents must teach children to nurture essential values
- Surviving in film industry is difficult: Saqib Saleem