BJP to field two professors for LS polls in Manipur
Imphal: Gangmumei Kamei and R K Ranjan, former professors of Manipur University, will be the BJP candidates in the coming Lok Sabha elections in the state, party sources said Thursday.
While Ranjan will contest from inner Manipur constituency (Valley districts), Kamei will be the candidate in the outer Manipur constituency (Hill districts).
Polls in outer Manipur would be held on April 9 and inner Manipur on April 17.
Sources in CPI said senior party leader and former veterinary minister M Nara would be the party candidate in inner Manipur parliamentary constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- There was no intention to show disrespect to Stalin or DMK, clarifies Jayalalithaa
- Air ambulance crash lands in Delhi: This is how the pilot saved lives of passengers
- Uttarakhand Class 10 Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uk Board Class 10th Result 2016, Uttarakhand Board Class 10th X Result 2016, UBSE 10th Class Result to be announced today at 11 am
- Govt's solution for bad loans: Merge state-owned banks to 6 from 27
- I am proud of doing 'Rustom': Ileana D'Cruz