BJP to go it alone in Tripura assembly polls
Agartala: BJP will go it alone in the February 14 assembly elections in Tripura.
“We have decided not to contest the election jointly with any ally though a few small political parties like Janata Dal(United) and Gana Mancha have shown interest to make poll alliance with us,” president of the state party unit Sudhindra Dasgupta said today.
“It is a fact that BJP has no organizational network in every place of the state. So we have decided to put up candidates where we are strong,? he said adding the party has started campaigning in full scale.
BJP Tripura state committee had declared a 41-member candidates list for election to the 60-member assembly.
The party has no presence in the assembly or in local bodies.
Speaking about the poll issues, Dasgupta said, “Our campaign would include issues of cent per cent security to women, corruption-free administration and safety and security of people in the state.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video