BJP to reverse stagnancy in development in NE
Kohima: The BJP has assured that it will leave no stone unturned to reverse the "stagnancy in development" faced by the North East during the last 10 years under the UPA government.
The North-East and particularly Nagaland is "very special" for the BJP and it is visible in the focus given to NE in the Union budget, BJP national executive member and special envoy to the party high command, Sudhansu Mittal told reporters in Dimapur yesterday.
Citing the deplorable road condition of the Dimapur-Kohima stretch of NH-29, the BJP leader said this reflected the "vindictive mindset" of the Congress-led UPA government.
"But now people of North-East and Nagaland can look forward to a new era of development. The Modi government is a government which will be remembered for its zeal and commitment to development," Mittal said.
Assuring that the BJP will leave no stone unturned to bring development in the North East, be it road, infrastructure, power or education, Mittal said that funds should not be a constraint.
He however said that a lot will depend on the sincerity of the state government for execution and implementation of central schemes and projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video