BJP to reverse stagnancy in development in NE
Kohima: The BJP has assured that it will leave no stone unturned to reverse the "stagnancy in development" faced by the North East during the last 10 years under the UPA government.
The North-East and particularly Nagaland is "very special" for the BJP and it is visible in the focus given to NE in the Union budget, BJP national executive member and special envoy to the party high command, Sudhansu Mittal told reporters in Dimapur yesterday.
Citing the deplorable road condition of the Dimapur-Kohima stretch of NH-29, the BJP leader said this reflected the "vindictive mindset" of the Congress-led UPA government.
"But now people of North-East and Nagaland can look forward to a new era of development. The Modi government is a government which will be remembered for its zeal and commitment to development," Mittal said.
Assuring that the BJP will leave no stone unturned to bring development in the North East, be it road, infrastructure, power or education, Mittal said that funds should not be a constraint.
He however said that a lot will depend on the sincerity of the state government for execution and implementation of central schemes and projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician