BJP to submit memorandum to Prez on NE scam
Guwahati: BJP will submit a memorandum to the President on the scams in Congress ruled states in the north eastern region on February 15.
"A fact-finding team of the party has recently unearthed a scandal of nearly Rs 50,000 crore in all the Congress-ruled N E states," party`s national secretary Kirup Somaiya told a press conference here on Saturday.
"This is amounting to loot and our party will move the President to take appropriate action", he said.
Somaiya said the BJP would urge the Centre to ask the CBI to probe the matter as it was a case of swindling of public money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender