BJP to submit memorandum to Prez on NE scam
Guwahati: BJP will submit a memorandum to the President on the scams in Congress ruled states in the north eastern region on February 15.
"A fact-finding team of the party has recently unearthed a scandal of nearly Rs 50,000 crore in all the Congress-ruled N E states," party`s national secretary Kirup Somaiya told a press conference here on Saturday.
"This is amounting to loot and our party will move the President to take appropriate action", he said.
Somaiya said the BJP would urge the Centre to ask the CBI to probe the matter as it was a case of swindling of public money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!