BJP unit flay Arunachal MPs on China
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of BJP on Saturday criticised the three MPs from the state for "reacting lately" on the reported Chinese incursion at Chaglagam area of Anjaw district recently.
Lok Sabha members Ninong Ering and Takam Sanjoy, besides Rajya Sabha MP Mukut Mithi, on Thursday in a letter to the Prime Minister had requested him to initiate immediate measures to put a full stop to the oft-repeated attempts by China to intrude into Arunachal`s territory.
On August 11 last, a 50-member team of China`s People`s Liberation Army had a face-off with Indian Army personnel at Plam-Plam, about 25 km inside the Indian territory in Chaglagam sector.
The party in a statement today wondered what tempted the MPs to write to the Prime Minister expressing concern over recent Chinese incursion into state`s territory when in fact "the trio were mum when the same issue was raised by BJP MP Bijoya Chakraborty during the Question Hour in Parliament".
They also alleged that the MPs` releasing copies of their joint letter to media `to cover their earlier failing` were misleading the people.
"It is very strange that the MPs who represent the state - one of them also being a Union Minister of State, have failed to convince the Union Defence Minister to visit the border areas to take stock of the ground realities," the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!