BJP wants adequate deployment of para-military along NE border
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh has
called for adequate deployment of para-military forces along the boundary with Assam till an amicable settlement of the border row between the two states is reached.
Expressing shock over the NDFB killings at Doimara, the
party said that brutality of this type would not get anyone
anywhere and urged the state government to move the Union Home
Ministry in this regard.
In a statement today, BJP demanded revamping of the
Department of Border Areas with necessary fund allocations and
entrust the department with various development activities there.
It also demanded overhauling of the state police forces
to restrain those allegedly taking law into their own hands.
The party said the government must sincerely pursue talks
at various levels with the Assam and Nagaland counterparts and
take up various development programmes and building of
infrastructure facilities in the border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement