BJP will root out corruption if brought to power, claims Varun
Karimganj (Assam): BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Friday
dubbed the Congress government in Assam as corrupt and accused
it of plundering the state exchequer.
"The corrupt Congress government in the state has looted
the exchequer," he said addressing a series of public meetings
Assembly elections in Assam are due later this year.
Asking the people to be alert, Gandhi, who is BJP`s
election-in-charge of Assam, assured people that if voted to
power, his party will fight to root out corruption.
He exuded confidence that BJP will ride to power on the
basis of its policies aimed at welfare of the people.
He said the BJP has chalked out its strategy for the
polls and expected the electorate to support it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing