BJP will work to resolve Naga issue: Rajnath
Dimapur: BJP Tuesday said it will work towards solving the protracted Naga political problem through "mutual dialogue in a unique way" once the BJP-led NDA government comes to power at the Centre.
Addressing a press meet outside Dimapur Airport on return from his election campaign in Tizit and Aboi constituencies under Mon district, BJP national president Rajnath Singh claimed that it was during the BJP-led NDA regime when peace and normalcy came to Nagaland.
Asserting that the BJP-led NDA would form the next government at the national level, he said, "we will resolve the Naga political by mutual dialogue and in a unique way".
The BJP was concerned about the people of the North East region, he said.
Given an opportunity, the party will provide special package for the development of the region, like it had done during the previous regime by opening a separate ministry to look after the Northeast region, he said.
On feedback about the mood of the electorate in Aboi and Tizit constituencies, Singh said he was happy with the response and claimed that people of Nagaland now understood the value of the NDA government and were willing to let the Naga People`s Front-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland to form the next government.
"I am fully confident that the people will support and provide the opportunity for DAN to form the government in the state," he said.
On the seizure of arms and ammunition from the Home Minister of Nagaland yesterday, who is also a candidate of the BJP`s ally, Singh said "whoever is charged and prima facie case established will not be given any charge in the next DAN government".
"BJP has never compromised on the issue of corruption and
will never do so," Singh quipped.
He said during the NDA regime, prices of essential commodities were controlled and the GDP stood at 9.5 per cent.
Singh slammed the UPA government saying prices of essential commodities were increasing more and more while the fiscal management was also affected. He claimed that the national GDP stands at 5.2 per cent.
Singh said under the UPA government, the value of rupee as compared to dollar has been decreasing.
"The entire nation is ashamed of the Helicopter scandal, and the UPA government had been rocked by one scandal after another," Singh alleged.
On the Prime Minister`s proposal for a debate on the issue, he said "debate is not a solution to corruption".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video