Blast in Manipur; 7 Assam Rifles jawans injured
Imphal: At least seven Assam Rifles jawans were injured in a bomb blast in Bishenpur district of Manipur on Sunday when the paramilitary force personnel were jogging in a road, official sources said.
The bomb, allegedly planted by militants, exploded at Kumbi area while the personnel were busy in their morning exercise.
The injured were taken to their post of 33rd Assam Rifles located at Sendra, about 4 km from the spot.
The condition of some of the injured was stated to be serious.
The sources said it was not yet known what kind of bomb was used by the ultras.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
The banned Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) had earlier announced that it would intensify its strikes against security personnel in near future.
Activists of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA), armed wing of the RPF, had yesterday exploded a bomb at Tiddim area in Imphal West district, injuring a jawan and a civilian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL