Blast in Manipur; 7 Assam Rifles jawans injured
Imphal: At least seven Assam Rifles jawans were injured in a bomb blast in Bishenpur district of Manipur on Sunday when the paramilitary force personnel were jogging in a road, official sources said.
The bomb, allegedly planted by militants, exploded at Kumbi area while the personnel were busy in their morning exercise.
The injured were taken to their post of 33rd Assam Rifles located at Sendra, about 4 km from the spot.
The condition of some of the injured was stated to be serious.
The sources said it was not yet known what kind of bomb was used by the ultras.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
The banned Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) had earlier announced that it would intensify its strikes against security personnel in near future.
Activists of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA), armed wing of the RPF, had yesterday exploded a bomb at Tiddim area in Imphal West district, injuring a jawan and a civilian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love