Blast in Manipur; 7 Assam Rifles jawans injured
Imphal: At least seven Assam Rifles jawans were injured in a bomb blast in Bishenpur district of Manipur on Sunday when the paramilitary force personnel were jogging in a road, official sources said.
The bomb, allegedly planted by militants, exploded at Kumbi area while the personnel were busy in their morning exercise.
The injured were taken to their post of 33rd Assam Rifles located at Sendra, about 4 km from the spot.
The condition of some of the injured was stated to be serious.
The sources said it was not yet known what kind of bomb was used by the ultras.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
The banned Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) had earlier announced that it would intensify its strikes against security personnel in near future.
Activists of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA), armed wing of the RPF, had yesterday exploded a bomb at Tiddim area in Imphal West district, injuring a jawan and a civilian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad