Blast in Manipur; 7 Assam Rifles jawans injured
Imphal: At least seven Assam Rifles jawans were injured in a bomb blast in Bishenpur district of Manipur on Sunday when the paramilitary force personnel were jogging in a road, official sources said.
The bomb, allegedly planted by militants, exploded at Kumbi area while the personnel were busy in their morning exercise.
The injured were taken to their post of 33rd Assam Rifles located at Sendra, about 4 km from the spot.
The condition of some of the injured was stated to be serious.
The sources said it was not yet known what kind of bomb was used by the ultras.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
The banned Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) had earlier announced that it would intensify its strikes against security personnel in near future.
Activists of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA), armed wing of the RPF, had yesterday exploded a bomb at Tiddim area in Imphal West district, injuring a jawan and a civilian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing