Blast in Manipur; 7 Assam Rifles jawans injured
Imphal: At least seven Assam Rifles jawans were injured in a bomb blast in Bishenpur district of Manipur on Sunday when the paramilitary force personnel were jogging in a road, official sources said.
The bomb, allegedly planted by militants, exploded at Kumbi area while the personnel were busy in their morning exercise.
The injured were taken to their post of 33rd Assam Rifles located at Sendra, about 4 km from the spot.
The condition of some of the injured was stated to be serious.
The sources said it was not yet known what kind of bomb was used by the ultras.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
The banned Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) had earlier announced that it would intensify its strikes against security personnel in near future.
Activists of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA), armed wing of the RPF, had yesterday exploded a bomb at Tiddim area in Imphal West district, injuring a jawan and a civilian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble