Blockade affects train services in Rangiya
Rangiya (Assam): Train services at Rangiya station were affected following a `rail roko`
agitation by candidates appearing for Group-B examinations organised by the Railway Recruitment Board here on Sunday.
More than 1200 candidates stopped trains at the Rangiya station alleging that the question paper for theexamination was leaked in Guwahati and the answers faxed to
some candidates in the examination centres here, police sources said.
The agitating students also alleged that some candidates were allowed to go into the examination centre with mobile phones.
Division Railway Manager, Rangiya Division A K Manasa along with senior railway officials rushed to the spot and assured the agitators that an inquiry would be initiated into
the allegations following which the blockade was lifted after nearly three hours.
The trains detained at Rangiya station included the Lokmanya Tilak Express and Kamrup Express while the Rajdhani Express, Brahmaputra Mail and Siphung Express along with some other trains were controlled at other stations of lower Assam, NF railway sources said.
Train services have since resumed, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill