Bodies of two Mizo soldiers flown home from J&K
Aizawl: The bodies of two soldiers from Mizoram, who were killed along with six other Indian Army personnel by terrorists in Srinagar on Monday, were flown home on Thursday and accorded full military honours, official sources said.
The bodies of 36-year-old Havildar Lalrohlua of Kelkang village in Champhai district and 34-year-old Lance Naik J Lalrinngheta of Tuidam in Mamit district were flown to Lengpui Airport, the sources said.
The bodies were accorded full military honours at the airport at which Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, ministers, legislators, besides senior officials and others were present, they said.
The Mizo soldiers belonged to the Assam Regiment and were deployed in Jammu and Kashmir as personnel of Rashtriya Rifles.
Two other Mizo soldiers, Naik David Lalduhawma and Naik Lalrimawia, both residents of Aizawl, were also injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past