Bodies of two Mizo soldiers flown home from J&K
Aizawl: The bodies of two soldiers from Mizoram, who were killed along with six other Indian Army personnel by terrorists in Srinagar on Monday, were flown home on Thursday and accorded full military honours, official sources said.
The bodies of 36-year-old Havildar Lalrohlua of Kelkang village in Champhai district and 34-year-old Lance Naik J Lalrinngheta of Tuidam in Mamit district were flown to Lengpui Airport, the sources said.
The bodies were accorded full military honours at the airport at which Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, ministers, legislators, besides senior officials and others were present, they said.
The Mizo soldiers belonged to the Assam Regiment and were deployed in Jammu and Kashmir as personnel of Rashtriya Rifles.
Two other Mizo soldiers, Naik David Lalduhawma and Naik Lalrimawia, both residents of Aizawl, were also injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan