Bodies of two Mizo soldiers flown home from J&K
Aizawl: The bodies of two soldiers from Mizoram, who were killed along with six other Indian Army personnel by terrorists in Srinagar on Monday, were flown home on Thursday and accorded full military honours, official sources said.
The bodies of 36-year-old Havildar Lalrohlua of Kelkang village in Champhai district and 34-year-old Lance Naik J Lalrinngheta of Tuidam in Mamit district were flown to Lengpui Airport, the sources said.
The bodies were accorded full military honours at the airport at which Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, ministers, legislators, besides senior officials and others were present, they said.
The Mizo soldiers belonged to the Assam Regiment and were deployed in Jammu and Kashmir as personnel of Rashtriya Rifles.
Two other Mizo soldiers, Naik David Lalduhawma and Naik Lalrimawia, both residents of Aizawl, were also injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what