Bodies of two Mizo soldiers flown home from J&K
Aizawl: The bodies of two soldiers from Mizoram, who were killed along with six other Indian Army personnel by terrorists in Srinagar on Monday, were flown home on Thursday and accorded full military honours, official sources said.
The bodies of 36-year-old Havildar Lalrohlua of Kelkang village in Champhai district and 34-year-old Lance Naik J Lalrinngheta of Tuidam in Mamit district were flown to Lengpui Airport, the sources said.
The bodies were accorded full military honours at the airport at which Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, ministers, legislators, besides senior officials and others were present, they said.
The Mizo soldiers belonged to the Assam Regiment and were deployed in Jammu and Kashmir as personnel of Rashtriya Rifles.
Two other Mizo soldiers, Naik David Lalduhawma and Naik Lalrimawia, both residents of Aizawl, were also injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!