Bodies of two Mizo soldiers flown home from J&K
Aizawl: The bodies of two soldiers from Mizoram, who were killed along with six other Indian Army personnel by terrorists in Srinagar on Monday, were flown home on Thursday and accorded full military honours, official sources said.
The bodies of 36-year-old Havildar Lalrohlua of Kelkang village in Champhai district and 34-year-old Lance Naik J Lalrinngheta of Tuidam in Mamit district were flown to Lengpui Airport, the sources said.
The bodies were accorded full military honours at the airport at which Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, ministers, legislators, besides senior officials and others were present, they said.
The Mizo soldiers belonged to the Assam Regiment and were deployed in Jammu and Kashmir as personnel of Rashtriya Rifles.
Two other Mizo soldiers, Naik David Lalduhawma and Naik Lalrimawia, both residents of Aizawl, were also injured in the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma