Bodoland Territorial Council elections on April 9
Guwahati: Elections to the Bodoland
Territorial Council (BTC) would be held on April 9, the state
Election Commission said Thursday.
The process of elections to the Council`s 40 seats
would begin from March 17 with the filing of nominations,
state Election Commissioner Biren Dutta told reporters here.
The last date for filing of nominations is March 23
and scrutiny would be done on March 24, while the last date
for withdrawal is March 26, he said.
Elections would be held on April 9 and repoll, if any,
would be on April 12.
The counting of votes and announcement of results is
scheduled for April 13 and the entire election process is
expected to be completed by April 14.
There are 40 seats in the Council and six more members
The BTC was created after the signing of the Bodo
Accord in December 2003 and an interim council was formed
The first elections were held in 2005 and this would
be the second election to the Council which comprises six Bodo
dominated districts of lower Assam -- Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon,
Chirang, Baksa, Darrang and Udalguri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured