Bodoland Territorial Council elections on April 9
Guwahati: Elections to the Bodoland
Territorial Council (BTC) would be held on April 9, the state
Election Commission said Thursday.
The process of elections to the Council`s 40 seats
would begin from March 17 with the filing of nominations,
state Election Commissioner Biren Dutta told reporters here.
The last date for filing of nominations is March 23
and scrutiny would be done on March 24, while the last date
for withdrawal is March 26, he said.
Elections would be held on April 9 and repoll, if any,
would be on April 12.
The counting of votes and announcement of results is
scheduled for April 13 and the entire election process is
expected to be completed by April 14.
There are 40 seats in the Council and six more members
The BTC was created after the signing of the Bodo
Accord in December 2003 and an interim council was formed
The first elections were held in 2005 and this would
be the second election to the Council which comprises six Bodo
dominated districts of lower Assam -- Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon,
Chirang, Baksa, Darrang and Udalguri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field