Bodoland will not be formed: Gogoi
Guwahati: Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday rejected the NDFB pro-talk group`s demand for a separate Bodoland state.
Under no circumstances would such a state be formed, Gogoi said during an informal talk with reporters here.
Gogoi said although there was an alliance between the Congress and Bodo People`s Forum (Progressive), his party will oppose creation of a new state, carved out of Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened