Bodoland will not be formed: Gogoi
Guwahati: Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday rejected the NDFB pro-talk group`s demand for a separate Bodoland state.
Under no circumstances would such a state be formed, Gogoi said during an informal talk with reporters here.
Gogoi said although there was an alliance between the Congress and Bodo People`s Forum (Progressive), his party will oppose creation of a new state, carved out of Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing