Body of minor girl found
Aizawl: The body of a nine-year-old girl, belonging to Bru community and resident of Mizoram-Tripura border village of West Bunghmun, has been recovered, police said on Saturday.
The minor girl, suspected to have been raped before being murdered, was taken from her home by another person, from the same community and known to her family as Norena, on February 25 on the pretext of collecting vegetables for the family, police said.
The suspect Norena was reportedly working in the jungle and camping at around 3 kilometres from West Bunghmun village and the parents did not suspect anything as he was well-known to them.
However, when they called Norena on the phone after learning that the duo never reached the latter`s camp, he told them that he had gone to Tripura.
A search party was organised to find the girl and her body was found by some hunters in a jungle path between Serhmun and W Bunghmun yesterday with the police suspecting the girl was raped before being killed.
A massive search was on to apprehend the culprits and a team of policemen from nearby Kawhthah Police Station is working on the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA