Body of minor girl found
Aizawl: The body of a nine-year-old girl, belonging to Bru community and resident of Mizoram-Tripura border village of West Bunghmun, has been recovered, police said on Saturday.
The minor girl, suspected to have been raped before being murdered, was taken from her home by another person, from the same community and known to her family as Norena, on February 25 on the pretext of collecting vegetables for the family, police said.
The suspect Norena was reportedly working in the jungle and camping at around 3 kilometres from West Bunghmun village and the parents did not suspect anything as he was well-known to them.
However, when they called Norena on the phone after learning that the duo never reached the latter`s camp, he told them that he had gone to Tripura.
A search party was organised to find the girl and her body was found by some hunters in a jungle path between Serhmun and W Bunghmun yesterday with the police suspecting the girl was raped before being killed.
A massive search was on to apprehend the culprits and a team of policemen from nearby Kawhthah Police Station is working on the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'
- Chinese anti-graft protest leader arrested for taking bribes
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ tweet review