Body of minor girl found
Aizawl: The body of a nine-year-old girl, belonging to Bru community and resident of Mizoram-Tripura border village of West Bunghmun, has been recovered, police said on Saturday.
The minor girl, suspected to have been raped before being murdered, was taken from her home by another person, from the same community and known to her family as Norena, on February 25 on the pretext of collecting vegetables for the family, police said.
The suspect Norena was reportedly working in the jungle and camping at around 3 kilometres from West Bunghmun village and the parents did not suspect anything as he was well-known to them.
However, when they called Norena on the phone after learning that the duo never reached the latter`s camp, he told them that he had gone to Tripura.
A search party was organised to find the girl and her body was found by some hunters in a jungle path between Serhmun and W Bunghmun yesterday with the police suspecting the girl was raped before being killed.
A massive search was on to apprehend the culprits and a team of policemen from nearby Kawhthah Police Station is working on the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?
- Rainy Monday morning in Delhi
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa