Body of missing man found in Itanagar
Itanagar: The body of the man who was missing since February 20 was recovered from a garbage dumping site along Hollongi-Itanagar road, police said on Monday.
Dipankar Bhowal, a salesman in a shop at Akashdeep Market here reportedly went missing on February 20 last. After massive search operation following a missing report filed at Itanagar police station, the half burnt body of Bhowal was recovered last night, the sources said.
The body was identified by the family members of Bhowal. Bhowal is survived by his wife and a minor baby girl.
One person namely Tai Robin has been arrested in this regard and police is looking out for another accused who is absconding at the moment, sources informed.
Meanwhile, the Itanagar Market Welfare Association (IMWA) today strongly condemned the incident.
In a release IMWA President Bamang Taji appealed to the district administration not to grant bail to such murderers and added that culprit should be given death penalty for heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls