Body of missing man found in Itanagar
Itanagar: The body of the man who was missing since February 20 was recovered from a garbage dumping site along Hollongi-Itanagar road, police said on Monday.
Dipankar Bhowal, a salesman in a shop at Akashdeep Market here reportedly went missing on February 20 last. After massive search operation following a missing report filed at Itanagar police station, the half burnt body of Bhowal was recovered last night, the sources said.
The body was identified by the family members of Bhowal. Bhowal is survived by his wife and a minor baby girl.
One person namely Tai Robin has been arrested in this regard and police is looking out for another accused who is absconding at the moment, sources informed.
Meanwhile, the Itanagar Market Welfare Association (IMWA) today strongly condemned the incident.
In a release IMWA President Bamang Taji appealed to the district administration not to grant bail to such murderers and added that culprit should be given death penalty for heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened