Body of missing man found in Itanagar
Itanagar: The body of the man who was missing since February 20 was recovered from a garbage dumping site along Hollongi-Itanagar road, police said on Monday.
Dipankar Bhowal, a salesman in a shop at Akashdeep Market here reportedly went missing on February 20 last. After massive search operation following a missing report filed at Itanagar police station, the half burnt body of Bhowal was recovered last night, the sources said.
The body was identified by the family members of Bhowal. Bhowal is survived by his wife and a minor baby girl.
One person namely Tai Robin has been arrested in this regard and police is looking out for another accused who is absconding at the moment, sources informed.
Meanwhile, the Itanagar Market Welfare Association (IMWA) today strongly condemned the incident.
In a release IMWA President Bamang Taji appealed to the district administration not to grant bail to such murderers and added that culprit should be given death penalty for heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’