Bomb blast in Imphal; 1 dead, 1 injured
Imphal: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off at the Airport Road in Manipur`s capital Imphal on Monday evening, killing one and hurting one more.
Initial reports suggest that the blast took place along the Airport Road near Imphal College.
The bomb had been planted in a garbage dump, reports added.
This is the second blast to have taken place along the airport road in the last 15 days.
Earlier, another powerful IED, suspected to have been planted by militants, was recovered from a road in interior Thoubal district of Manipur by para-miltary forces, official sources said.
A boy playing in the area detected a suspicious object, weighing more than 3.5kg, and informed others who reported the matter to the nearby Assam Rifles personnel of 28th battalion post at Tairen Makhong.
The IED was later defused by experts. A remote-controlled device was also fixed with the explosive which was planted by suspected militants to attack security personnel passing through the area, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday