Bomb blast in Imphal; 1 dead, 1 injured
Imphal: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off at the Airport Road in Manipur`s capital Imphal on Monday evening, killing one and hurting one more.
Initial reports suggest that the blast took place along the Airport Road near Imphal College.
The bomb had been planted in a garbage dump, reports added.
This is the second blast to have taken place along the airport road in the last 15 days.
Earlier, another powerful IED, suspected to have been planted by militants, was recovered from a road in interior Thoubal district of Manipur by para-miltary forces, official sources said.
A boy playing in the area detected a suspicious object, weighing more than 3.5kg, and informed others who reported the matter to the nearby Assam Rifles personnel of 28th battalion post at Tairen Makhong.
The IED was later defused by experts. A remote-controlled device was also fixed with the explosive which was planted by suspected militants to attack security personnel passing through the area, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday