Bomb explodes at crowded Imphal market, no casualty
Imphal: A bomb exploded in a crowded market complex here on Saturday but no casualty was reported, police said.
The Improvised Explosive Device (IED), which was allegedly planted by militants near a drain at the crowded Thangal market complex, went off at 7.45 pm but no one was injured, police sources said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident, they said.
Police and para-military forces rushed to the spot and searched the area after blocking all exit points but no arrest was made, sources said.
On October 29, a powerful bomb (IED) had exploded at Dharamsala Bheirodan Hindi High School area, about 100 metres from today`s spot, injuring five non-Manipuri labourers.
On Wednesday, militants had exploded a powerful bomb at Yaiskul bus stand, killing two persons and injuring five others.
In the wake of stepped up bomb explosions, Manipur Governor Ashwani Kumar had discussed the law and order situation in the state with Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble