Bomb explodes at crowded Imphal market, no casualty
Imphal: A bomb exploded in a crowded market complex here on Saturday but no casualty was reported, police said.
The Improvised Explosive Device (IED), which was allegedly planted by militants near a drain at the crowded Thangal market complex, went off at 7.45 pm but no one was injured, police sources said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident, they said.
Police and para-military forces rushed to the spot and searched the area after blocking all exit points but no arrest was made, sources said.
On October 29, a powerful bomb (IED) had exploded at Dharamsala Bheirodan Hindi High School area, about 100 metres from today`s spot, injuring five non-Manipuri labourers.
On Wednesday, militants had exploded a powerful bomb at Yaiskul bus stand, killing two persons and injuring five others.
In the wake of stepped up bomb explosions, Manipur Governor Ashwani Kumar had discussed the law and order situation in the state with Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred