Bomb explodes at interior Manipur
Imphal: A powerful bomb, allegedly planted by
unknown militants, exploded at the premises of a government
office in interior Bishenpur district of Manipur in the wee
hours on Thursday but no casualty was reported, police said.
The bomb went off at around 2.20 am at Loktak
Development Authority (LDA) office complex at Ningthoukhong
area, about 40 km south of here damaging a machine and parts
of the office building, the sources said.
No one was injured, sources said adding that the bomb
might have been planted by militants but motive behind the
incident was not yet known.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility
for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what