Bomb explodes near police station in Manipur
Imphal: A powerful bomb exploded near a police station in Ukhrul district of Manipur, officials said on Tuesday.
The bomb exploded near Ukhrul police station at about 8.30 pm last night, but no one was injured.
The bomb might have been planted by militants, they said.
Ukhrul, a Naga dominated district, was once a stronghold of Naga militant outfit NSCN-IM, but it has been peaceful for the past many years since the outfit entered into peace talks with the central government in 1997.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM