Bomb explodes near police station in Manipur
Imphal: A powerful bomb exploded near a police station in Ukhrul district of Manipur, officials said on Tuesday.
The bomb exploded near Ukhrul police station at about 8.30 pm last night, but no one was injured.
The bomb might have been planted by militants, they said.
Ukhrul, a Naga dominated district, was once a stronghold of Naga militant outfit NSCN-IM, but it has been peaceful for the past many years since the outfit entered into peace talks with the central government in 1997.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'