Bomb explosion at the house of govt contractor
Imphal: A powerful bomb exploded at the house of a government contractor in Imphal East district but no casualty was reported, official reports said on Monday.
The bomb planted by unknown militants exploded at around 10 pm last night at the house of government contractor H Bikramjit but no casualty was reported except some damage of doors and windows.
The contractor and his family members were not present at the time of the attack because they were staying at their brick farm In Imphal West district, sources said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime.
Police said they would investigate whether it was connected with monetary demand by militants from the contractor.
In another incident, unknown militants hurled a powerful grenade at the house of a contractor identified as Naorem Jugindro at Tentha Khunjao in Thoubal district late
last night but it failed to explode, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar