Bomb explosion at the house of govt contractor
Imphal: A powerful bomb exploded at the house of a government contractor in Imphal East district but no casualty was reported, official reports said on Monday.
The bomb planted by unknown militants exploded at around 10 pm last night at the house of government contractor H Bikramjit but no casualty was reported except some damage of doors and windows.
The contractor and his family members were not present at the time of the attack because they were staying at their brick farm In Imphal West district, sources said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime.
Police said they would investigate whether it was connected with monetary demand by militants from the contractor.
In another incident, unknown militants hurled a powerful grenade at the house of a contractor identified as Naorem Jugindro at Tentha Khunjao in Thoubal district late
last night but it failed to explode, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'