Bomb explosion at the house of govt contractor
Imphal: A powerful bomb exploded at the house of a government contractor in Imphal East district but no casualty was reported, official reports said on Monday.
The bomb planted by unknown militants exploded at around 10 pm last night at the house of government contractor H Bikramjit but no casualty was reported except some damage of doors and windows.
The contractor and his family members were not present at the time of the attack because they were staying at their brick farm In Imphal West district, sources said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime.
Police said they would investigate whether it was connected with monetary demand by militants from the contractor.
In another incident, unknown militants hurled a powerful grenade at the house of a contractor identified as Naorem Jugindro at Tentha Khunjao in Thoubal district late
last night but it failed to explode, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside