Bomb explosion in Manipur
Imphal: A powerful bomb, targeting security personnel, exploded near Indo-Myanmar border in Manipur`s Chandel district on Wednesday.
The bomb, attached to a remote-controlled device, was planted on the side of a road at Bongyang village to attack security personnel passing through the area, police said.
Nobody was injured in the explosion, police said. No individual or group has claimed responsibility although major insurgent organisations have been operating in the area near the international border, police said.
In another incident, commandos attached to interior Thoubal district, aided by personnel of 40th Assam Rifles battalion, arrested two militants of United People`s Revolutionary Front (UPRF) today, Sub-Divisional Police Officer of Lilong police station in the district Lalboi Haokip said.
Talking to mediapersons here, Haokip said following reports of kidnapping of two persons for ransom by UPRF militants on September 2, commandos and central paramilitary forces stepped up search operations late last night at Chaobok area under Lilong police station in Thoubal district.
Two militants of UPRF who had kidnapped two persons for ransom on September 2 last were arrested this morning, Haokip said, adding that the two were identified as Anish Khan (25) and Md Riyaz Udin (24).
The names of the kidnapped persons who were rescued have not been revealed by the police officer. Haokip said one 9 mm pistol used in the kidnapping of the two persons was recovered from the possession of the two militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh