Bomb explosions destroy parts of Community Hall
Imhpal: A prominent community hall was
partly destroyed in bomb explosion at an interior village in
Manipur`s Imphal East district, police said on Tuesday.
Unidentified persons planted six bombs at the Irabot
Memorial Community Hall at Chalou area in Lamlai assembly
constituency and three of the bombs exploded yesterday
damaging a portion of the hall, the sources said adding that
the other three bombs were defused by the bomb squad.
Senior CPI leader and state Agriculture minister Ph
Parjat who is contesting the forthcoming January 28 election
said he suspected the involvement of `political rivals` as he
had taken a major role in constructing the hall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets