Bomb hurled at govt office in Kohima
Kohima: Some unidentified persons on Tuesday hurled a crude bomb outside the office of the Deputy Commissioner-cum-Returning Officer of Nagaland`s Phek district, where sealed EVMs were stored in a strong room for counting of polls on Thursday.
Phek SP Deepali R Masirkar said the crude bomb was hurled from the main road towards the DC`s office at Phek but the blast did not cause any damage.
She said the strong-room where the EVMs from five constituencies were stored was safe as the bomb was hurled on the opposite end.
No arrest has been made so far, Masirkar said.
Election for the Nagaland Assembly was held on February 23 and counting is on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH