Bomb hurled at govt office in Kohima
Kohima: Some unidentified persons on Tuesday hurled a crude bomb outside the office of the Deputy Commissioner-cum-Returning Officer of Nagaland`s Phek district, where sealed EVMs were stored in a strong room for counting of polls on Thursday.
Phek SP Deepali R Masirkar said the crude bomb was hurled from the main road towards the DC`s office at Phek but the blast did not cause any damage.
She said the strong-room where the EVMs from five constituencies were stored was safe as the bomb was hurled on the opposite end.
No arrest has been made so far, Masirkar said.
Election for the Nagaland Assembly was held on February 23 and counting is on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in