Bomb hurled at govt office in Kohima
Kohima: Some unidentified persons on Tuesday hurled a crude bomb outside the office of the Deputy Commissioner-cum-Returning Officer of Nagaland`s Phek district, where sealed EVMs were stored in a strong room for counting of polls on Thursday.
Phek SP Deepali R Masirkar said the crude bomb was hurled from the main road towards the DC`s office at Phek but the blast did not cause any damage.
She said the strong-room where the EVMs from five constituencies were stored was safe as the bomb was hurled on the opposite end.
No arrest has been made so far, Masirkar said.
Election for the Nagaland Assembly was held on February 23 and counting is on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'