Bomb hurled at govt officer`s house in Manipur
Imphal: Unidentified militants Friday hurled a powerful bomb at the private residence of a senior Manipur government official but it did not explode, the police said.
The bomb was lobbed at the house of chief engineer of public health engineering department Mangsatabam Imomacha at Keishamthong Top Leirak area in Imphal West district at about 11.45 am.
Imomacha was in his office at the time of the incident, the sources said.
The police removed the bomb after being informed and defused it.
It would be probed whether it was connected with monetary demand from the official by any outfit, the sources said adding no group or individual has claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant