Bomb kills two in Assam
Guwahati: Two people were killed when a bomb exploded in a car in Assam`s Dima Hasao district, police said Friday.
Police said the incident took place late Thursday at Sat Kilo area in the hill district.
Police found the damaged car with two burnt bodies Friday morning.
"It appears the two were carrying the bomb to some place when it exploded, killing both," a police officer said. "The victims are yet to be identified."
Meanwhile, police recovered a grenade from near a bus stand in Dhekiajuli town in northern Assam Friday morning.
Police said suspected militants lobbed two grenades at an oil depot in the same town Thursday. One exploded, injuring a boy.
Security forces have warned that militant outfits in Assam, including the anti-talk faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA), may carry out terror attacks to mark India`s Republic Day Jan 26.
Twelve militant groups in India`s northeast have called for a general strike Jan 26 and asked people to boycott Republic Day functions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre