Bomb recovered from Trinamool Cong MLA`s house in Manipur
Imphal: Suspected militants planted a powerful bomb at the private residence of a Manipur MLA but it was detected in time and defused, official sources said on Sunday.
Sources said the bomb (improvised explosive device) attached to a mobile handset was fixed at the gate of Trinamool Congress MLA, Th. Shyamkumar at his residence at interior Moirang Purel village in Thoubal district yesterday.
The local residents reported the matter to 13th BSF who informed the nearby police station.
Shyamkumar and his family members were present at the time of removing the bomb by police experts.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for planting the bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed