Bomb recovered from Trinamool Cong MLA`s house in Manipur
Imphal: Suspected militants planted a powerful bomb at the private residence of a Manipur MLA but it was detected in time and defused, official sources said on Sunday.
Sources said the bomb (improvised explosive device) attached to a mobile handset was fixed at the gate of Trinamool Congress MLA, Th. Shyamkumar at his residence at interior Moirang Purel village in Thoubal district yesterday.
The local residents reported the matter to 13th BSF who informed the nearby police station.
Shyamkumar and his family members were present at the time of removing the bomb by police experts.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for planting the bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan