Bomb recovered in Manipur
Imphal: A powerful bomb was recovered on a roadside in Imphal West district of Manipur but it failed to explode, police said on Wednesday.
The bomb, detected by 18th Sikh Regiment personnel at Awang Khunou area yesterday was safely defused, the police said.
The explosive might have been planted by militants to attack security personnel, the police said.
Central and state forces frequently pass through the area to reach security posts and battalion headquarters.
In another incident last evening, suspected militants hurled a powerful grenade at the residence of Imphal municipal council member Tiken Singh at Kangangabam Leikai area here but it failed to explode, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope