Bomb recovered in Manipur
Imphal: A powerful bomb was recovered on a roadside in Imphal West district of Manipur but it failed to explode, police said on Wednesday.
The bomb, detected by 18th Sikh Regiment personnel at Awang Khunou area yesterday was safely defused, the police said.
The explosive might have been planted by militants to attack security personnel, the police said.
Central and state forces frequently pass through the area to reach security posts and battalion headquarters.
In another incident last evening, suspected militants hurled a powerful grenade at the residence of Imphal municipal council member Tiken Singh at Kangangabam Leikai area here but it failed to explode, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption