Bomb recovered in Manipur
Imphal: A powerful bomb was recovered on a roadside in Imphal West district of Manipur but it failed to explode, police said on Wednesday.
The bomb, detected by 18th Sikh Regiment personnel at Awang Khunou area yesterday was safely defused, the police said.
The explosive might have been planted by militants to attack security personnel, the police said.
Central and state forces frequently pass through the area to reach security posts and battalion headquarters.
In another incident last evening, suspected militants hurled a powerful grenade at the residence of Imphal municipal council member Tiken Singh at Kangangabam Leikai area here but it failed to explode, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed