Bomb recovered in Manipur
Imphal: A powerful bomb was recovered on a roadside in Imphal West district of Manipur but it failed to explode, police said on Wednesday.
The bomb, detected by 18th Sikh Regiment personnel at Awang Khunou area yesterday was safely defused, the police said.
The explosive might have been planted by militants to attack security personnel, the police said.
Central and state forces frequently pass through the area to reach security posts and battalion headquarters.
In another incident last evening, suspected militants hurled a powerful grenade at the residence of Imphal municipal council member Tiken Singh at Kangangabam Leikai area here but it failed to explode, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations