Bomb recovered in Manipur
Imphal: A powerful bomb was recovered on a roadside in Imphal West district of Manipur but it failed to explode, police said on Wednesday.
The bomb, detected by 18th Sikh Regiment personnel at Awang Khunou area yesterday was safely defused, the police said.
The explosive might have been planted by militants to attack security personnel, the police said.
Central and state forces frequently pass through the area to reach security posts and battalion headquarters.
In another incident last evening, suspected militants hurled a powerful grenade at the residence of Imphal municipal council member Tiken Singh at Kangangabam Leikai area here but it failed to explode, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya