Bomb to attack security personnel recovered in Manipur
Imphal: A bomb weighing two kg, allegedly planted at a roadside to attack security personnel, was recovered by paramilitary forces patrolling an interior village in Manipur`s Thoubal district, police said on Tuesday.
Personnel of the 15th battalion of Assam Rifles, patrolling Khangabok, about 35 km south-east of here, yesterday detected the bomb near the roadside.
Security personnel immediately cordoned off the area and later defused the device, the police said.
A remote-controlled device and some other underground materials were also recovered from the spot.
The police said at least seven bombs were planted in different parts of the valley in the past 40 days by suspected militants targeting security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan