Bomb to attack security personnel recovered in Manipur
Imphal: A bomb weighing two kg, allegedly planted at a roadside to attack security personnel, was recovered by paramilitary forces patrolling an interior village in Manipur`s Thoubal district, police said on Tuesday.
Personnel of the 15th battalion of Assam Rifles, patrolling Khangabok, about 35 km south-east of here, yesterday detected the bomb near the roadside.
Security personnel immediately cordoned off the area and later defused the device, the police said.
A remote-controlled device and some other underground materials were also recovered from the spot.
The police said at least seven bombs were planted in different parts of the valley in the past 40 days by suspected militants targeting security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’