Bomb to attack security personnel recovered in Manipur
Imphal: A bomb weighing two kg, allegedly planted at a roadside to attack security personnel, was recovered by paramilitary forces patrolling an interior village in Manipur`s Thoubal district, police said on Tuesday.
Personnel of the 15th battalion of Assam Rifles, patrolling Khangabok, about 35 km south-east of here, yesterday detected the bomb near the roadside.
Security personnel immediately cordoned off the area and later defused the device, the police said.
A remote-controlled device and some other underground materials were also recovered from the spot.
The police said at least seven bombs were planted in different parts of the valley in the past 40 days by suspected militants targeting security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'