Bomb to attack security personnel recovered in Manipur
Imphal: A bomb weighing two kg, allegedly planted at a roadside to attack security personnel, was recovered by paramilitary forces patrolling an interior village in Manipur`s Thoubal district, police said on Tuesday.
Personnel of the 15th battalion of Assam Rifles, patrolling Khangabok, about 35 km south-east of here, yesterday detected the bomb near the roadside.
Security personnel immediately cordoned off the area and later defused the device, the police said.
A remote-controlled device and some other underground materials were also recovered from the spot.
The police said at least seven bombs were planted in different parts of the valley in the past 40 days by suspected militants targeting security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest