Bombs planted to attack security personnel recovered
Imphal: Two powerful bombs, allegedly planted by insurgents to attack security personnel, have been recovered from two places in Manipur`s Imphal West and Ukhrul districts, official sources said on Friday.
Sources said a bomb, weighing about two kg, was detected by a patrolling party of 18th Sikh Regiment at the end of culvert at Merakhong area under Patsoi police station in Imphal West district last evening.
The bomb reportedly planted by insurgents was later defused by bomb experts, sources said adding that another powerful bomb, planted at the roadside of Litan area on Imphal-Ukhrul road in Ukhrul district was also recovered by bomb experts after getting reports from local residents. It was also later defused, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj