Bombs planted to attack security personnel recovered
Imphal: Two powerful bombs, allegedly planted by insurgents to attack security personnel, have been recovered from two places in Manipur`s Imphal West and Ukhrul districts, official sources said on Friday.
Sources said a bomb, weighing about two kg, was detected by a patrolling party of 18th Sikh Regiment at the end of culvert at Merakhong area under Patsoi police station in Imphal West district last evening.
The bomb reportedly planted by insurgents was later defused by bomb experts, sources said adding that another powerful bomb, planted at the roadside of Litan area on Imphal-Ukhrul road in Ukhrul district was also recovered by bomb experts after getting reports from local residents. It was also later defused, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000