Bombs planted to attack security personnel recovered
Imphal: Two powerful bombs, allegedly planted by insurgents to attack security personnel, have been recovered from two places in Manipur`s Imphal West and Ukhrul districts, official sources said on Friday.
Sources said a bomb, weighing about two kg, was detected by a patrolling party of 18th Sikh Regiment at the end of culvert at Merakhong area under Patsoi police station in Imphal West district last evening.
The bomb reportedly planted by insurgents was later defused by bomb experts, sources said adding that another powerful bomb, planted at the roadside of Litan area on Imphal-Ukhrul road in Ukhrul district was also recovered by bomb experts after getting reports from local residents. It was also later defused, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief Elangovan quits
- Irish unity vote for later, not now: Foreign minister