Bombs planted to attack security personnel recovered
Imphal: Two powerful bombs, allegedly planted by insurgents to attack security personnel, have been recovered from two places in Manipur`s Imphal West and Ukhrul districts, official sources said on Friday.
Sources said a bomb, weighing about two kg, was detected by a patrolling party of 18th Sikh Regiment at the end of culvert at Merakhong area under Patsoi police station in Imphal West district last evening.
The bomb reportedly planted by insurgents was later defused by bomb experts, sources said adding that another powerful bomb, planted at the roadside of Litan area on Imphal-Ukhrul road in Ukhrul district was also recovered by bomb experts after getting reports from local residents. It was also later defused, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves