Bombs planted to attack security personnel recovered
Imphal: Two powerful bombs, allegedly planted by insurgents to attack security personnel, have been recovered from two places in Manipur`s Imphal West and Ukhrul districts, official sources said on Friday.
Sources said a bomb, weighing about two kg, was detected by a patrolling party of 18th Sikh Regiment at the end of culvert at Merakhong area under Patsoi police station in Imphal West district last evening.
The bomb reportedly planted by insurgents was later defused by bomb experts, sources said adding that another powerful bomb, planted at the roadside of Litan area on Imphal-Ukhrul road in Ukhrul district was also recovered by bomb experts after getting reports from local residents. It was also later defused, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know