Boy injured in bomb blast in interior Manipur
Imphal: A 12-year boy was injured when militants exploded a powerful bomb at the private residence of a Manipur government official in Bishenpur district, official reports said on Thursday.
The militants had lobbed the bomb at the residence of the executive engineer of Public Works Department K Raiswar Singh (46) at Moirang, about 50 kms from here, last evening.
In the explosion, the boy, identified as A Susanta, who had come to take private tuition from a member of the engineer`s family, was injured, reports said adding that the boy was rushed to Moirang Hospital where his condition was stated to be out of danger.
Windows and a small portion of the house were destroyed in the explosion, reports said adding that the militants escaped under the cover of darkness.
Police said monetary demand from the official could be the motive behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation