Boy killed, two injured in NSCN factional fight
Kohima: A teenage boy was killed and two others were injured when cadres from two rival groups of NSCN engaged in a gunfight in a residential colony in Zunheboto town, police said here Wednesday.
The incident occurred last evening at South Point of Zunheboto town when NSCN(K) cadres allegedly started firing and lobbed grenade at a house where six members of the rival NSCN(Khole-Kitovi) group were holding a prayer meeting.
In the firing, a teenage boy died on the spot due to bullet injuries. The deceased was the son of a civilian in whose house the prayer meeting was held.
Two other civilians, including a student of Patkai Christian College, Dimapur, were injured as the gunfight between the two groups continued for about 15 minutes, police said.
The condition of the injured was stated to be out of danger.
The NSCN (Khole-Kitovi) sources said one of their cadres was also injured in the firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon