Boy killed, two injured in NSCN factional fight
Kohima: A teenage boy was killed and two others were injured when cadres from two rival groups of NSCN engaged in a gunfight in a residential colony in Zunheboto town, police said here Wednesday.
The incident occurred last evening at South Point of Zunheboto town when NSCN(K) cadres allegedly started firing and lobbed grenade at a house where six members of the rival NSCN(Khole-Kitovi) group were holding a prayer meeting.
In the firing, a teenage boy died on the spot due to bullet injuries. The deceased was the son of a civilian in whose house the prayer meeting was held.
Two other civilians, including a student of Patkai Christian College, Dimapur, were injured as the gunfight between the two groups continued for about 15 minutes, police said.
The condition of the injured was stated to be out of danger.
The NSCN (Khole-Kitovi) sources said one of their cadres was also injured in the firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!