Boy killed, two injured in NSCN factional fight
Kohima: A teenage boy was killed and two others were injured when cadres from two rival groups of NSCN engaged in a gunfight in a residential colony in Zunheboto town, police said here Wednesday.
The incident occurred last evening at South Point of Zunheboto town when NSCN(K) cadres allegedly started firing and lobbed grenade at a house where six members of the rival NSCN(Khole-Kitovi) group were holding a prayer meeting.
In the firing, a teenage boy died on the spot due to bullet injuries. The deceased was the son of a civilian in whose house the prayer meeting was held.
Two other civilians, including a student of Patkai Christian College, Dimapur, were injured as the gunfight between the two groups continued for about 15 minutes, police said.
The condition of the injured was stated to be out of danger.
The NSCN (Khole-Kitovi) sources said one of their cadres was also injured in the firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened