Bridge collapse: Sikkim CM announces compensation
Bagdogra (WB): Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan
Chamling on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to
the family of the deceased and Rs 25,000 for those who were
injured in bridge collapse incident in Darjeeling district in
West Bengal that claimed 34 lives.
Chamling told this to reporters after a brief meeting with
his West Bengal counterpart Mamata Banerjee at the airport
The Sikkim Chief Minister said his state was ready to
assist West Bengal in all possible ways "in return for what
the Chief Minister of West Bengal had done for the September
18 Sikkim earthquake victims."
Chamling said his state was grateful to the West Bengal
Chief Minister for standing by the people of Sikkim at their
hour of crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'