Bridge collapse: Sikkim CM announces compensation
Bagdogra (WB): Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan
Chamling on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to
the family of the deceased and Rs 25,000 for those who were
injured in bridge collapse incident in Darjeeling district in
West Bengal that claimed 34 lives.
Chamling told this to reporters after a brief meeting with
his West Bengal counterpart Mamata Banerjee at the airport
The Sikkim Chief Minister said his state was ready to
assist West Bengal in all possible ways "in return for what
the Chief Minister of West Bengal had done for the September
18 Sikkim earthquake victims."
Chamling said his state was grateful to the West Bengal
Chief Minister for standing by the people of Sikkim at their
hour of crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video