Bridge collapse: Sikkim CM announces compensation
Bagdogra (WB): Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan
Chamling on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to
the family of the deceased and Rs 25,000 for those who were
injured in bridge collapse incident in Darjeeling district in
West Bengal that claimed 34 lives.
Chamling told this to reporters after a brief meeting with
his West Bengal counterpart Mamata Banerjee at the airport
The Sikkim Chief Minister said his state was ready to
assist West Bengal in all possible ways "in return for what
the Chief Minister of West Bengal had done for the September
18 Sikkim earthquake victims."
Chamling said his state was grateful to the West Bengal
Chief Minister for standing by the people of Sikkim at their
hour of crisis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know