Bridge collapse: Sikkim CM announces compensation
Bagdogra (WB): Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan
Chamling on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to
the family of the deceased and Rs 25,000 for those who were
injured in bridge collapse incident in Darjeeling district in
West Bengal that claimed 34 lives.
Chamling told this to reporters after a brief meeting with
his West Bengal counterpart Mamata Banerjee at the airport
The Sikkim Chief Minister said his state was ready to
assist West Bengal in all possible ways "in return for what
the Chief Minister of West Bengal had done for the September
18 Sikkim earthquake victims."
Chamling said his state was grateful to the West Bengal
Chief Minister for standing by the people of Sikkim at their
hour of crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'