Bridge collapse: Sikkim CM announces compensation
Bagdogra (WB): Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan
Chamling on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to
the family of the deceased and Rs 25,000 for those who were
injured in bridge collapse incident in Darjeeling district in
West Bengal that claimed 34 lives.
Chamling told this to reporters after a brief meeting with
his West Bengal counterpart Mamata Banerjee at the airport
The Sikkim Chief Minister said his state was ready to
assist West Bengal in all possible ways "in return for what
the Chief Minister of West Bengal had done for the September
18 Sikkim earthquake victims."
Chamling said his state was grateful to the West Bengal
Chief Minister for standing by the people of Sikkim at their
hour of crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH