BRO files FIR in bridge collapse case
Gangtok: Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
has filed an FIR against a transporter company for allegedly
carrying an overloaded truck over Rangchang Bridge that
collapsed, killing eight people.
"The executive head of the BRO unit that looks after
Singtam-Dikchu stretch of the highway, filed the FIR,"
Superintendent of Police, East district, M S Tuli said.
BRO officials said the bridge collapsed when the
transport company was passing an overloaded truck carrying
heavy load for a hydro-electric power station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory