BRO files FIR in bridge collapse case
Gangtok: Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
has filed an FIR against a transporter company for allegedly
carrying an overloaded truck over Rangchang Bridge that
collapsed, killing eight people.
"The executive head of the BRO unit that looks after
Singtam-Dikchu stretch of the highway, filed the FIR,"
Superintendent of Police, East district, M S Tuli said.
BRO officials said the bridge collapsed when the
transport company was passing an overloaded truck carrying
heavy load for a hydro-electric power station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand