BRO files FIR in bridge collapse case
Gangtok: Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
has filed an FIR against a transporter company for allegedly
carrying an overloaded truck over Rangchang Bridge that
collapsed, killing eight people.
"The executive head of the BRO unit that looks after
Singtam-Dikchu stretch of the highway, filed the FIR,"
Superintendent of Police, East district, M S Tuli said.
BRO officials said the bridge collapsed when the
transport company was passing an overloaded truck carrying
heavy load for a hydro-electric power station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?