BRO files FIR in bridge collapse case
Gangtok: Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
has filed an FIR against a transporter company for allegedly
carrying an overloaded truck over Rangchang Bridge that
collapsed, killing eight people.
"The executive head of the BRO unit that looks after
Singtam-Dikchu stretch of the highway, filed the FIR,"
Superintendent of Police, East district, M S Tuli said.
BRO officials said the bridge collapsed when the
transport company was passing an overloaded truck carrying
heavy load for a hydro-electric power station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress