BRO files FIR in bridge collapse case
Gangtok: Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
has filed an FIR against a transporter company for allegedly
carrying an overloaded truck over Rangchang Bridge that
collapsed, killing eight people.
"The executive head of the BRO unit that looks after
Singtam-Dikchu stretch of the highway, filed the FIR,"
Superintendent of Police, East district, M S Tuli said.
BRO officials said the bridge collapsed when the
transport company was passing an overloaded truck carrying
heavy load for a hydro-electric power station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar