BRO to build structure at Bardang on NH-31A
Gangtok: The Border Roads Organisation
(BRO) has proposed to construct a tunnel at Bardang at an
estimated cost of Rs. 6.7 crores as part of a permanent
solution to the frequent blockade on the National Highway 31A
due to landslides during the rainy season.
The proposed cut and cover structure will be 80 meters
in length, eight meters in width and nine meters in height, an
official release said today.
The project has been sanctioned by the Ministry of
Surface Transport and Highways.
The BRO will build more state-of-art structures at
other landslide-prone spots along the NH-31A, the lifeline of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj