BRO to build structure at Bardang on NH-31A
Gangtok: The Border Roads Organisation
(BRO) has proposed to construct a tunnel at Bardang at an
estimated cost of Rs. 6.7 crores as part of a permanent
solution to the frequent blockade on the National Highway 31A
due to landslides during the rainy season.
The proposed cut and cover structure will be 80 meters
in length, eight meters in width and nine meters in height, an
official release said today.
The project has been sanctioned by the Ministry of
Surface Transport and Highways.
The BRO will build more state-of-art structures at
other landslide-prone spots along the NH-31A, the lifeline of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH