BRO to build structure at Bardang on NH-31A
Gangtok: The Border Roads Organisation
(BRO) has proposed to construct a tunnel at Bardang at an
estimated cost of Rs. 6.7 crores as part of a permanent
solution to the frequent blockade on the National Highway 31A
due to landslides during the rainy season.
The proposed cut and cover structure will be 80 meters
in length, eight meters in width and nine meters in height, an
official release said today.
The project has been sanctioned by the Ministry of
Surface Transport and Highways.
The BRO will build more state-of-art structures at
other landslide-prone spots along the NH-31A, the lifeline of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference