BRO to build structure at Bardang on NH-31A
Gangtok: The Border Roads Organisation
(BRO) has proposed to construct a tunnel at Bardang at an
estimated cost of Rs. 6.7 crores as part of a permanent
solution to the frequent blockade on the National Highway 31A
due to landslides during the rainy season.
The proposed cut and cover structure will be 80 meters
in length, eight meters in width and nine meters in height, an
official release said today.
The project has been sanctioned by the Ministry of
Surface Transport and Highways.
The BRO will build more state-of-art structures at
other landslide-prone spots along the NH-31A, the lifeline of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP