Brother of Tripura PCC President held with revolver
Agartala: The elder brother of Tripura PCC President Sudip Roy Burman was arrested from Champaknagar, about 20 km from here, on the charge of carrying unlicenced arms and Bangladeshi taka on Monday, about a fortnight before the state Assembly polls.
Sandip Roy Burman and two others were arrested during a joint raid by Tripura police and Assam Rifles on his brick kiln at Champaknagar during the day, police said.
A revolver, some live cartridges and Bangladshi currency were seized from them and the three men were handed over to Jirania police, the police said.
The TPCC president later told newsmen that the arrest was a "conspiracy" hatched by ruling CPI-M to tarnish his and his family members images before the February 14 elections".
CPI-M has understood that people are disillusioned with the misrule by the Left and are supporting Congress. So, they hatched this heinous conspiracy to divert the people’s attention and to fish in troubled waters.
"But I am sure people will understand the evil design and extend more support?, Burman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?