Brother of Tripura PCC President held with revolver
Agartala: The elder brother of Tripura PCC President Sudip Roy Burman was arrested from Champaknagar, about 20 km from here, on the charge of carrying unlicenced arms and Bangladeshi taka on Monday, about a fortnight before the state Assembly polls.
Sandip Roy Burman and two others were arrested during a joint raid by Tripura police and Assam Rifles on his brick kiln at Champaknagar during the day, police said.
A revolver, some live cartridges and Bangladshi currency were seized from them and the three men were handed over to Jirania police, the police said.
The TPCC president later told newsmen that the arrest was a "conspiracy" hatched by ruling CPI-M to tarnish his and his family members images before the February 14 elections".
CPI-M has understood that people are disillusioned with the misrule by the Left and are supporting Congress. So, they hatched this heinous conspiracy to divert the people’s attention and to fish in troubled waters.
"But I am sure people will understand the evil design and extend more support?, Burman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons