Brother of Tripura PCC President held with revolver
Agartala: The elder brother of Tripura PCC President Sudip Roy Burman was arrested from Champaknagar, about 20 km from here, on the charge of carrying unlicenced arms and Bangladeshi taka on Monday, about a fortnight before the state Assembly polls.
Sandip Roy Burman and two others were arrested during a joint raid by Tripura police and Assam Rifles on his brick kiln at Champaknagar during the day, police said.
A revolver, some live cartridges and Bangladshi currency were seized from them and the three men were handed over to Jirania police, the police said.
The TPCC president later told newsmen that the arrest was a "conspiracy" hatched by ruling CPI-M to tarnish his and his family members images before the February 14 elections".
CPI-M has understood that people are disillusioned with the misrule by the Left and are supporting Congress. So, they hatched this heinous conspiracy to divert the people’s attention and to fish in troubled waters.
"But I am sure people will understand the evil design and extend more support?, Burman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh