Brother of Tripura PCC President held with revolver
Agartala: The elder brother of Tripura PCC President Sudip Roy Burman was arrested from Champaknagar, about 20 km from here, on the charge of carrying unlicenced arms and Bangladeshi taka on Monday, about a fortnight before the state Assembly polls.
Sandip Roy Burman and two others were arrested during a joint raid by Tripura police and Assam Rifles on his brick kiln at Champaknagar during the day, police said.
A revolver, some live cartridges and Bangladshi currency were seized from them and the three men were handed over to Jirania police, the police said.
The TPCC president later told newsmen that the arrest was a "conspiracy" hatched by ruling CPI-M to tarnish his and his family members images before the February 14 elections".
CPI-M has understood that people are disillusioned with the misrule by the Left and are supporting Congress. So, they hatched this heinous conspiracy to divert the people’s attention and to fish in troubled waters.
"But I am sure people will understand the evil design and extend more support?, Burman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong