BSF apprehends five Bangladeshi smugglers
Shillong: Five Bangladeshi smugglers were Wednesday apprehended by the Border Security Force while they were trying to infiltrate into India along South Garo hills district of Meghalaya.
They have been identified as Amross (20), Baham Chiran (46), Firos Sangma (40), Niran Marak (38) and Oliyatozoo Sangma (40) from the different villages under Mymensing district of Bangladesh, officials said.
Two Mobiles, two Bangladeshi sim cards, Indian Currency of Rs 12,440 were seized from their possession by BSF, the sources said.
The apprehended persons along with seized items were later handed over to concerned department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj