BSF beefs up patrolling in Bangladesh border
Agartala: Border Security Force has intensified its patrolling along the 856 km long Indo- Bangladesh border in Tripura to check infiltration into the Indian territory in view of the tense political situation there.
"We have strengthened our force in the border and are keeping a watch on the situation in the neighbouring country so that no one could infiltrate here. Not a single case of infiltration has taken place so far," BSF DIG, B S Rawat said.
A 60-hour long hartal (shutdown), sponsored by the combined opposition parties, is being observed in Bangladesh from today to press for formation of an independent care taker government before the national elections due early next year.
Sources in the state administration said they also alerted the BSF regarding the current situation in Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16