BSF-BGB holds `border coordination conference`
Aizawl: Border Security Force officials held a `border coordination conference` with their Bangladeshi counterpart at the Circuit House in south Mizoram`s Tlabung town of Lunglei district, official sources said on Monday.
The BSF team was led by DIG of Mizoram sector U M Subramani and the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) team was led by Col Nurul Huda, commander of the Rangamati sector, at the conference yesterday, an official statement said.
The two sides deliberated several issues, including abduction of innocent people by north-east insurgents hiding in Bangladesh and how operation could be launched to nab them.
Conduct of joint patrolling along the border areas, illegal crossing of borders and building up of better relation between the two forces were also the agenda of the conference, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what