BSF-BGB holds `border coordination conference`
Aizawl: Border Security Force officials held a `border coordination conference` with their Bangladeshi counterpart at the Circuit House in south Mizoram`s Tlabung town of Lunglei district, official sources said on Monday.
The BSF team was led by DIG of Mizoram sector U M Subramani and the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) team was led by Col Nurul Huda, commander of the Rangamati sector, at the conference yesterday, an official statement said.
The two sides deliberated several issues, including abduction of innocent people by north-east insurgents hiding in Bangladesh and how operation could be launched to nab them.
Conduct of joint patrolling along the border areas, illegal crossing of borders and building up of better relation between the two forces were also the agenda of the conference, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher