BSF-BGB holds `border coordination conference`
Aizawl: Border Security Force officials held a `border coordination conference` with their Bangladeshi counterpart at the Circuit House in south Mizoram`s Tlabung town of Lunglei district, official sources said on Monday.
The BSF team was led by DIG of Mizoram sector U M Subramani and the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) team was led by Col Nurul Huda, commander of the Rangamati sector, at the conference yesterday, an official statement said.
The two sides deliberated several issues, including abduction of innocent people by north-east insurgents hiding in Bangladesh and how operation could be launched to nab them.
Conduct of joint patrolling along the border areas, illegal crossing of borders and building up of better relation between the two forces were also the agenda of the conference, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises