BSF jawan thrashed by mob on molestation charge
Shillong: A BSF jawan was injured after being beaten up by a mob on Saturday for allegedly outraging the modesty of a woman at Mawpat in Meghalaya, near the Bangladesh border.
A senior police officer said the 28-year old jawan, identified as Ratheesh, allegedly molested the woman by sneaking into her house near the headquarters of the 83 battalion of the border guards while she was asleep yesterday.
He was thrashed by local people when the matter came to light. He was later taken to the hospital of the border force in a serious condition.
A BSF spokesman said full cooperation will be extended to the police in its investigation and action will be taken against the personnel for "sullying the image of the force."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown