BSF jawan thrashed by mob on molestation charge
Shillong: A BSF jawan was injured after being beaten up by a mob on Saturday for allegedly outraging the modesty of a woman at Mawpat in Meghalaya, near the Bangladesh border.
A senior police officer said the 28-year old jawan, identified as Ratheesh, allegedly molested the woman by sneaking into her house near the headquarters of the 83 battalion of the border guards while she was asleep yesterday.
He was thrashed by local people when the matter came to light. He was later taken to the hospital of the border force in a serious condition.
A BSF spokesman said full cooperation will be extended to the police in its investigation and action will be taken against the personnel for "sullying the image of the force."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family