BSF jawan thrashed by mob on molestation charge
Shillong: A BSF jawan was injured after being beaten up by a mob on Saturday for allegedly outraging the modesty of a woman at Mawpat in Meghalaya, near the Bangladesh border.
A senior police officer said the 28-year old jawan, identified as Ratheesh, allegedly molested the woman by sneaking into her house near the headquarters of the 83 battalion of the border guards while she was asleep yesterday.
He was thrashed by local people when the matter came to light. He was later taken to the hospital of the border force in a serious condition.
A BSF spokesman said full cooperation will be extended to the police in its investigation and action will be taken against the personnel for "sullying the image of the force."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'