BSF jawan thrashed by mob on molestation charge
Shillong: A BSF jawan was injured after being beaten up by a mob on Saturday for allegedly outraging the modesty of a woman at Mawpat in Meghalaya, near the Bangladesh border.
A senior police officer said the 28-year old jawan, identified as Ratheesh, allegedly molested the woman by sneaking into her house near the headquarters of the 83 battalion of the border guards while she was asleep yesterday.
He was thrashed by local people when the matter came to light. He was later taken to the hospital of the border force in a serious condition.
A BSF spokesman said full cooperation will be extended to the police in its investigation and action will be taken against the personnel for "sullying the image of the force."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'