BSF personnel commits suicide
Agartala: A Border Security Force (BSF) personnel allegedly committed suicide at the border outpost at Samarendranagar in South Tripura district by shooting himself with his service weapon, police said Sunday.
Bijendra Singh (36), hailing from Haryana posted in the 89th battalion of BSF, committed suicide last night allegedly when he was refused leave, they said.
The body was sent to his home state today.
However, BSF DIG B S Rawat told reporters that the BSF personnel had spent his entire leave in September last and he did not have any leave to his credit this year.
Rawat also claimed that the victim had an altercation with his family over the phone before he took the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter