BSF personnel commits suicide
Agartala: A Border Security Force (BSF) personnel allegedly committed suicide at the border outpost at Samarendranagar in South Tripura district by shooting himself with his service weapon, police said Sunday.
Bijendra Singh (36), hailing from Haryana posted in the 89th battalion of BSF, committed suicide last night allegedly when he was refused leave, they said.
The body was sent to his home state today.
However, BSF DIG B S Rawat told reporters that the BSF personnel had spent his entire leave in September last and he did not have any leave to his credit this year.
Rawat also claimed that the victim had an altercation with his family over the phone before he took the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Woman suicide over morphed picture: One arrested
- 7th Pay Commission: Gratuity ceiling doubled to Rs 20 lakh
- Govinda ultimate Bollywood dancer for me: Farah Khan
- Harbhajan Singh to sponsor kit for disabled cricketers of India
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Results 2016 to be declared on Thursday (June 30). Log on to bed.mhpravesh.in