BSF personnel commits suicide
Agartala: A Border Security Force (BSF) personnel allegedly committed suicide at the border outpost at Samarendranagar in South Tripura district by shooting himself with his service weapon, police said Sunday.
Bijendra Singh (36), hailing from Haryana posted in the 89th battalion of BSF, committed suicide last night allegedly when he was refused leave, they said.
The body was sent to his home state today.
However, BSF DIG B S Rawat told reporters that the BSF personnel had spent his entire leave in September last and he did not have any leave to his credit this year.
Rawat also claimed that the victim had an altercation with his family over the phone before he took the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa