BTC administration distributes relief to victims
Kokrajhar (Assam): The Bodoland Territorial Council has distributed relief to those affected by ethnic strife in Assam`s Goalpara district.
A delegation of the BTC, led by speaker Pani Ram Brahma, distributed the relief materials to the Rabha victims at Bhetkuchi area on Sunday.
Fifteen relief camps have been opened by the district administration following ethnic clash between the warring Rabha and Garo tribes on the Assam-Meghalaya border.
Brahma said all measures will be taken including intensifying security to instill a sense of confidence among the inmates of the camp.
Official sources said that tension still prevails in the area and the district administration was keeping a close watch on the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa