BTC administration distributes relief to victims
Kokrajhar (Assam): The Bodoland Territorial Council has distributed relief to those affected by ethnic strife in Assam`s Goalpara district.
A delegation of the BTC, led by speaker Pani Ram Brahma, distributed the relief materials to the Rabha victims at Bhetkuchi area on Sunday.
Fifteen relief camps have been opened by the district administration following ethnic clash between the warring Rabha and Garo tribes on the Assam-Meghalaya border.
Brahma said all measures will be taken including intensifying security to instill a sense of confidence among the inmates of the camp.
Official sources said that tension still prevails in the area and the district administration was keeping a close watch on the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon