BTC administration distributes relief to victims
Kokrajhar (Assam): The Bodoland Territorial Council has distributed relief to those affected by ethnic strife in Assam`s Goalpara district.
A delegation of the BTC, led by speaker Pani Ram Brahma, distributed the relief materials to the Rabha victims at Bhetkuchi area on Sunday.
Fifteen relief camps have been opened by the district administration following ethnic clash between the warring Rabha and Garo tribes on the Assam-Meghalaya border.
Brahma said all measures will be taken including intensifying security to instill a sense of confidence among the inmates of the camp.
Official sources said that tension still prevails in the area and the district administration was keeping a close watch on the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police