BTC administration distributes relief to victims
Kokrajhar (Assam): The Bodoland Territorial Council has distributed relief to those affected by ethnic strife in Assam`s Goalpara district.
A delegation of the BTC, led by speaker Pani Ram Brahma, distributed the relief materials to the Rabha victims at Bhetkuchi area on Sunday.
Fifteen relief camps have been opened by the district administration following ethnic clash between the warring Rabha and Garo tribes on the Assam-Meghalaya border.
Brahma said all measures will be taken including intensifying security to instill a sense of confidence among the inmates of the camp.
Official sources said that tension still prevails in the area and the district administration was keeping a close watch on the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why