BTC administration distributes relief to victims
Kokrajhar (Assam): The Bodoland Territorial Council has distributed relief to those affected by ethnic strife in Assam`s Goalpara district.
A delegation of the BTC, led by speaker Pani Ram Brahma, distributed the relief materials to the Rabha victims at Bhetkuchi area on Sunday.
Fifteen relief camps have been opened by the district administration following ethnic clash between the warring Rabha and Garo tribes on the Assam-Meghalaya border.
Brahma said all measures will be taken including intensifying security to instill a sense of confidence among the inmates of the camp.
Official sources said that tension still prevails in the area and the district administration was keeping a close watch on the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement